Unfortunately, we had to cancel the BPA Golf Tournament planned for 9/25/2021.
We were unable to engage enough partnership in the community to make it a financially viable endeavor this year. The ongoing economic recovery and current wave of the pandemic appear to be factors.
Our organization has a long history of hosting this fun and memorable event in support of band students. We look forward to scheduling another golf tournament in the future!
- How does your involvement help the North Thurston High School Band?
- The North Thurston High School Band Parent Association is a non-profit organization (tax ID #91-2013408). Your participation in the golf tournament, donations of items or funds or sponsorship of a hole will help us help our students!
- The school district provides a small budget to assist the Band program and cover instrument repairs, but students rely on the BPA to fill budget gaps.
- The BPA provides $10,000 or more each year for coaching and purchase of instruments and equipment. In spite of many new instruments purchased, nearly all band instruments are beyond their life expectancy and the marching band uniforms are now 20 years old.
- DID YOU KNOW? Band has many benefits beyond learning to play an instrument that enrich our students as citizens in our community? 20 important benefits of music in our schools